I type up a new version for each meeting (usually the day before), and another Volunteer puts one in each girl's backpack/classroom folder while we're having our meeting.
I also post a copy (after the meeting) on our private Shutterfly site, in the Messages (forum) section, which automatically sends an email out to all the parents, so anyone who wasn't at the meeting can see what we did, and contact me about working on the patch at home, if they wish to do so.
As with everything, you do what works best for you. But having Take-Home Sheets has worked well for us in the past. It helps parents keep track of what to expect, and accommodates those parents who prefer hardcopy versions rather than relying on the website.
Here's the text-only version of the above image (in case the .jpg is hard to read):
11/1/13 Meeting Take-Home Sheet
Today we took a break from working on official badges, to do something different!
Since yesterday was Juliette Low's (founder of Girl Scouts) birthday, I wanted to
do something that can help them identify somewhat with Juliette.
So we created our own Girl Scout Books, and the girls were encouraged to write
and/or draw in it. If they were not able to finish in the meeting, they are welcome
to do so at home.
11/3 – (Local Event Info Here)
11/15 – Troop Meeting 3:45-5:00 p.m.
11/15 – (Local Event Info Here)
11/18 – Troop Leader Cookie Meeting at 6:30 p.m. (Volunteer Names Here)
All events can be viewed here: (link to our Shutterfly site's calendar here)
I am waiting on patches from our Service Unit. I will hand them out as soon as I receive them. Also, I have ordered the Girl Scout Way patches for the girls but at the time of typing this, they had not come in.
- Check out the super cute pictures on our Shutterfly site! (link here)
- Main Shutterfly site is here: (link here)
- Please sign up for Snacks if you haven't yet: (link here)
- Cookie Sales will begin in January. We will be having a parent meeting before sales begin, to go over procedures. More info to come, after our leader meeting later this month.
- Please do not pick up your child without signing her out (initial the sign-out sheet).
- All volunteers attending meetings must sign in as visitors at the office upon arrival.
- Do not send forms, money, or communication via your child's teacher, please.
- If you haven't registered your child ($15 to Girl Scouts), paid troop dues ($15 to Troop #####), and/or turned in your health forms (one for your child, one for you), please contact me. I am still missing a few forms and checks.
Thanks so much for your continued support of our wonderful troop! :)
(My Contact Info Here)